making Simon and Garfunkel

I scanned a few drawings that I made for the preproduction of the film.
These pictures mainly view the female character because she was the one that I designed.This storyboard is only a second version. Mark did a first but we had to make a new which was easier to follow. Anyway the finished shots of the film didn't look nothing like this because we found better ones.
details of the storyboard

Some of my friends say that the female character looks like my girlfriend, but the truth is that the looks are based on this photo.

I found it on the sexypeople blog.

When I found the most sympathetic character I started to change it so it became more cartoony

I did the first solid study of the head in plasticine (the gray one), then I did a small model from clay. The final heads were sculpted on polystyrene base. The nose and most of the heads were made of drying clay I only used soft clay for the parts we animated later on, like mouth or hair. I also made a head of the woman where I used soft clay everywhere so the big foot could easily kick it flat.

Mark made his puppets head the same way (Luca's photo)

I'll post one more bout some art I did for the beginning of the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment